Apple hires NFL lobbyist and former Biden aide to oversee public policy
Apple simply introduced a large-league player to its government lineup—actually. The company simply named national soccer League lobbyist Cynthia Hogan its vice president for public policy and government affairs in Washington DC, overseeing the Americas.
Cynthia Hogan starts offevolved at Apple on April 29.
earlier than she joined the NFL, where she treated massive issues like concussion controversies and Deflategate, Hogan served as suggest to vice chairman Joe Biden. It’s doubtful if Hogan’s Biden connection will are available in accessible for Apple’s dealings with the White residence, but it surely couldn’t hurt.
READ MORE :
- BIE Telangana TS Inter Results 2016: Bie.telangana.gov.in / Bietelangana.cgg.gov.in TS Intermediate 1st and 2nd year board exam results 2016 to be declared soon
- TV Maps review: Use the Apple TV to surf the world from your couch
- The great loose Mac image editor 2017
- How to claim harm if your car and assets is damaged in flood?
- Opera introduces new Opera Mini browser for iOS customers: AI powered news feed and extra
Apple has been spending increasingly more on lobbying in DC, and now not simply on privacy troubles. last yr, the enterprise spent $four.four million lobbying on a bunch of topics associated with its hobbies, in step with Politico, which first said the Hogan hire.
Apple’s showdown with the FBI was averted thanks to a 3rd-birthday celebration hack of the iPhone 5c used by the San Bernardino shooter final year, however that doesn’t suggest the corporation can rest easy. Lawmakers inside the Senate are drafting regulation that would pressure Apple and other tech businesses to turn over consumer data while court ordered—which is exactly what Apple has been combating all along. a larger presence in DC gives Apple a hazard to combat those legislative attempts, or at least get its voice heard in the manner.