Fall in smartphone, camera sales pull down Sony profits in FY16
japanese electronics firm Sony Corp reduce its profit estimate through nine.four% for the economic 12 months that led to March, as slowing global phone income dented call for for its digital camera modules.
Sony said that it’s miles estimating an working profit of 290 billion yen ($2.64 billion) for the 12 months, down from a formerly envisioned 320 billion yen, citing weaker call for for camera modules.
READ MORE :
- Manusmriti burnt in Delhi University, three students detained
- Researchers develop system to control information leaks from smartphone apps
- State of economic training in the Philippines
- BIE Telangana TS Inter Results 2016: Bie.telangana.gov.in / Bietelangana.cgg.gov.in TS Intermediate 1st and 2nd year board exam results 2016 to be declared soon
- Switching Between Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android
The organisation booked an impairment loss of 59.6 billion yen as it wrote down the fee of the digital camera module enterprise to fit a weaker income prospect. The impairment fee became additionally reflected inside the revised estimate.
Analysts had anticipated on common an operating income of 341.7 billion yen for the yr, consistent with Thomson Reuters Starmine. Sony will launch its full-12 months results on April 28.